Friday, March 19, 2010

Journal Reflection #2

I have really enjoyed the time I have spent volunteering. On my first day I helped a young boy, about 8 years old, with his homework. His name was Carlos and he was so sweet. He was working on his math homework and he barely needed any help; he was very smart. After homework time, I helped in the gym with the fourth through sixth graders. It was a Friday and their fun time was roller blading. I helped some kids put on their skates and mostly just talked with some of the kids. One girl I talked to most of the time was Dianna. She was in fourth grade, I believe, and she reminded me of myself when I was little. When I was little, I was very shy and never wanted to do anything where people might look at me. Dianna was shy and she didn't want to roller blade because she doesn't like attention being put on her. One the second day that I volunteered, they were having an olympics fun day. Some parents came in to be captains of the teams. They did the three-legged race, the crabwalk, the potato sack hop, musical chairs and a few others. It was nice to see the kids all having so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment